Sunday, July 27, 2014
Entering the world of blogging...
I’ve tried this once before, blogging, but it was a few years back now and my life was very different. The previous entries I had posted focused on my relationship and the doubts surrounded by it and the questions I had in life. I was 24 - thought I had everything I wanted, that I was supposed to have but I had doubts. Since then, and putting those doubts in writing, my life is completely different. I have a new career, I am single and I am living on the other side of the world. I am a new me or rather, a new version of me, a better version. And I could not be happier. The old blogs were based on questions, seeking answers from readers perhaps, which never came - the answers I had found myself when I took the courage to end a relationship I had not been entirely happy with for a long time. That was holding me back and preventing me to live life. My ex was a great guy - he is still a great guy - the relationship was in once sense healthy - no real issues - except one huge problem - I was not being myself. I was sacrificing the things I wanted to do in life - to explore, to travel, to learn, to enjoy people and culture and experience life for what it is. Instead I was plodding by, day by day, stuck in routine because I thought I had it all. As I said, now 4 years on, I begin again - with a new perception in life and living it for me. I am in no way selfish but I have learnt, we only get one shot at this and there is no reason to wait or hold back those things that make you truly happy. Live for now. And that is exactly what I am doing.
Since leaving that monotonous, stagnant relationship 4 years ago, I have had my fair share of poor dates, failed attempts at relationships and one heartbreak. My my recent relationship has been a tough one to get over - a main influence in my decision to move abroad. As hard as it was, I know it happened for a reason - to finally get me where I have always wanted to be - so I am thankful.
My intentions for blogging again, are a way for me to release my thoughts - as moving abroad has ironically made me feel lonely in a sense - moving to a new city (London - one of the biggest and busiest in the world) I know very few people. It’s ironic that I moved because I was feeling so lonely at the time, missing an ex and so moved to somewhere I could be anonymous and indiscrete. But it has been the best decision for me. I am happy. Sometimes lonely, getting homesick but happy.
Growing up, throughout my teenage years I always kept a journal. This will be my modern journal. However, I don’t plan to dwell on the heartaches, the tough times, my confused thoughts but also the great things I am doing - the travelling, in the last 6 months I have backpacked (solo) South East Asia - which I LOVED and travelled Ireland (only a small part) and just this morning returned from an incredibly awakening trip through Morocco, Africa. I cannot wait to write about my travels. Past and future. I have many trips planned ahead for the next 12 months already so this is my focus....and amongst that, everything else in my life. Boy drama (there’s always some of that going on), work (as a Primary school teacher), desires, goals, the good times and the bad.
For now, I think I’ll leave it there, I’ve always had a knack for rambling and I could ramble on here for days...I want to write so much....but it’s probably pointless dribble, so I’ll save that energy for tomorrow night - I’m going to write about MOROCCCO - the enchanting buzz of the city to the serenity of the open roads to The Sahara and the touching nature of the Muslim community. I plan to give advice and inspire travellers also...just thinking about writing again gives me an uplifting energy inside.
On that note, I’ll end it here...until tomorrow....
Happy to be back online...
x B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment